Our new online learning Core training program is designed for individuals seeking to become assisted living facility administrators on their own time, at their own pace. The online program will educate and prepare students of the responsibility of operating an ALF and equips each learner with the knowledge towards studying for and taking the state mandated competency exam in accordance with Florida Statute 429.52 and Florida Administrative Code 59A-36.011. Students will have a maximum of 60 days to complete this self-paced program.
Online Curriculum Includes:
- A complimentary eGuidebook which may be downloaded in the online program. The hard copy of the ALF guidebook is sold separately and may be found for purchase in our 'Store.'
- 13 video modules - students must watch 100% of each module before moving on to the next module. Students may watch multiple times for competency.
- Each module contains a quiz to test their knowledge.
- Students must attend a minimum of four (4), one (1) hour weekly sessions with the trainers via Zoom that are scheduled every Wednesday for open discussion of modules completed and to have questions answered. You will have the ability to communicate with instructors via email or by phone.
- A complimentary eGuidebook is included with purchase of the course. The hard copy of the ALF guidebook is sold separately and may be found for purchase on our website in the 'Store' tab. Discounts will be given to those students who wish purchase a hard copy.
- Certificates will be emailed after completion.
ALF Core Training is designed for prospective assisted living facility administrators in preparation of taking the state mandated competency exam and meets the requirements in Florida Statute 429.52 and Florida Administrative Code 59A-36.011. This program is approved for 26-hours of nursing home administrator and nursing continuing education credits and is reported directly to CE Broker.
Upon completion of the training, students must register with The MacDonald Research Institute (TMRI) to take the Core Competency Exam. The exam fee is $200 payable to TMRI. To access the TMRI exam schedule or for information about core test reviews, click this link.
All refunds will be charged a $10 administrative fee.
For questions or assistance, contact the FALA office at 850.383.1159 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
REGISTRATION FEES: $225 Member $245 Non-Member
Includes a PDF regulatory guidebook provided during the beginning stage of the course. Register Online by clicking the button above.
Looking to take the Practice Core Test?
Use the button below purchase and take the practice exam up to 5 times. You will first need to create an account then purchase the practice exam for $40.00. See real example questions that will test your comprehensive and problem-solving skills. Check it out!