Learn more about FALA's Facility Membership
Any individual, firm, corporation or partnership owning, operating or managing a state-licensed assisted living facility (ALF) or adult family care home (AFCH) is eligible for Facility Membership for their licensed ALF or AFCH. (Facilities not yet licensed may qualify for Provisional Membership.)
Membership dues are based on the number of licensed beds, and memberships are set on a calendar membership term, with a January 1 renewal date. New members joining mid-year must pay full annual dues with their application; a prorated portion of the paid dues will be applied to the current year and the balance as a credit to the next year for a total of 12 months.
|2023 Annual Membership Dues|
|ALF with 10 or Fewer Licensed Beds||$250.00|
|ALF with 11-16 Licensed Beds||$325.00|
|ALF with 17 or More Licensed Beds||$175.00 Base Fee plus $13.00 Per Bed|
|Adult Family Care Home||$200.00|
- Membership is in the name of the facility, with member benefits extending to all staff.
- Regulatory and legislative advocacy before State agencies and the Florida Legislature.
- Complimentary listing in FALA’s online Member Directory, with hotlink to your website and ability to add facility photos and videos to your listing.
- Complimentary listing in FALA’s Annual Membership Directory, published in both print and digital formats and distributed to more than 2,000 FALA members, aging resource centers, hospitals, discharge planners, etc. across the state.
- Member email communications, such as Member Alerts, regulatory/legislative updates, newsletters, conference information, chapter meeting notices, etc.
- Consulting services and assistance provided by FALA’s expert staff. Services include (some fees may apply):
- General guidance and/or clarification on regulatory matters, resident care and/or concerns;
- Assistance with licensure application, renewal, and change of ownership;
- Review and hand-delivery of ALF applications to AHCA;
- Mock surveys to identify and correct weaknesses and enhance systems and procedures;
- Limited legal advice.
- Training and continued education at Member Rates for all staff. Current trainings offered include: Core, Core Refresher, ECC, AFCH, Medication, Dietary, Alzheimer’s, Basic Caregiver, CPR & First Aid, plus many webinars.
- Members Only access to document templates and other items.
- Savings programs through FALA’s Affinity Partners, offering special discounts and programs to FALA members (insurance, utility savings, credit card processing, resident enrichment, etc.).
- Member perks through FALA partners, offering discounts on travel services, movie and theme park tickets, tuitions, tele-physician program, etc.