Provisional Facility Member
Learn more about FALA's Provisional Facility Membership
Provisional Facility Member
Provisional Facility Membership may be granted to firms, corporations, partnerships or individuals who can demonstrate that they are in the process of acquiring or building a facility which can reasonably be expected to have an ALF or AFCH license within one year of joining. Provisional Facility Membership is provided for up to 12 months, until the facility is licensed. Once licensed, the facility’s member dues are then calculated on the number of licensed beds for the remainder of the current year and an invoice is issued for any prorated net dues balance that may be due.
Provisional Facility Members receive full member benefits, with the exception of voting privileges at any meeting of the membership. Voting privileges will be instated once the facility is licensed and full standard membership dues are paid.
|2023 Provisional Facility Membership Dues|
|Level I (up to 16 beds)||$200.00|
|Level II (17 or more beds)||$500.00|
- Membership is in the name of the facility, with member benefits extending to all staff.
- Regulatory and legislative advocacy before State agencies and the Florida Legislature.
- Complimentary listing in FALA’s online Member Directory, with hotlink to your website and ability to add facility photos and videos to your listing.
- Complimentary listing in FALA’s Annual Membership Directory, published in both print and digital formats and distributed to more than 2,000 FALA members, aging resource centers, hospitals, discharge planners, etc. across the state.
- Member email communications, such as Member Alerts, regulatory/legislative updates, newsletters, conference information, chapter meeting notices, etc.
- Consulting services and assistance provided by FALA’s expert staff. Services include (some fees may apply):
- General guidance and/or clarification on regulatory matters, resident care and/or concerns;
- Assistance with licensure application, renewal, and change of ownership;
- Review and hand-delivery of ALF applications to AHCA;
- Mock surveys to identify and correct weaknesses and enhance systems and procedures;
- Limited legal advice.
- Training and continued education at Member Rates for all staff. Current trainings offered include: Core, Core Refresher, ECC, AFCH, Medication, Dietary, Alzheimer’s, Basic Caregiver, CPR & First Aid, plus many webinars.
- Members Only access to document templates and other items.
- Savings programs through FALA’s Affinity Partners, offering special discounts and programs to FALA members (insurance, utility savings, credit card processing, resident enrichment, etc.).
- Member perks through FALA partners, offering discounts on travel services, movie and theme park tickets, tuitions, tele-physician program, etc.